Monday, January 22, 2007

Our vile little tongues...

In the last few days, Caroline started telling us "Night, Night". It was a huge rush for Clarissa and me that first evening when I told Caroline to tell mommy "night, night" and she did. Clarissa and I got very excited and Caroline got to stay up another hour telling us, the dogs, the cat, the furniture "night, night".

Oh, how great she thought those words were! Unfortunately for her, she has learned exactly what those words mean when she says them... I'm going to bed. Of course she's already known the meaning of "night, night", but until recently she hadn't put it together that "once I say those words... It's lights out for me".

I found it quite a coincidence that today's Bible Study Involved James' (Jam. 3:1-12) warnings regarding our tongues. It really hit home for me considering that the Bears lost by 40 yesterday and I really can't repeat most of the things that came out of my mouth. It was a much needed lesson for me. I need to make more of an effort to control my tongue...

A lesson that Caroline has seemed to have learned. Especially when it comes to bed time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job!!! I want to see the prior postings that didn't make it to the new site.--Alyssa

Not only does this Blog focus on me... It's run by me!

Not only does this Blog focus on me...  It's run by me!