Sunday, April 19, 2009

It's been a long, long time . . .

Well, I see that it's been over a year since we have made an entry on our blog. You might think it's because of the boringness . . . but no, it's been a very eventful year. I have been composing this post in my head for a long time, and there was so much I wanted to say about my journey over the last year and a half, and maybe I'll write more in the future about that. But for now, suffice it to say that I stopped blogging around September 2007, when I learned after about ten months of trying to have another baby that I had a blocked fallopian tube. I was devastated and really went through a period of despair. But I have several friends who have been on this journey, and from some of them I got a recommendation for a good doctor who, with lots of pills and injections (and the answered prayers of our gracious God), helped us to get pregnant again! And now we have a sister for Caroline: Julia Elizabeth, born on November 14, 2008!

We're starting this blog back up again (hopefully with some amount of semi-regularity) because it's been very crazy over the past year, and I find that I don't remember things that have happened even a month or two ago (lack of sleep and utter disorganization will do that to you, I guess). So I hope this will be a way to capture my memories while at the same time sharing our lives with friends and family, both here and far away. Plus, I think this blog is linked on a few of my friends' blogs, and I don't want them to delete me :) Our lives are pretty busy now, maybe a bit less boring than they used to be . . . but definitely blessed beyond measure.




Home from the hospital, our first family picture - November 17, 2008

No comments:

Not only does this Blog focus on me... It's run by me!

Not only does this Blog focus on me...  It's run by me!