Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Disney movies of the week

Last week we watched "Aladdin" on Thursday and "The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" on Friday. Caroline was a little bit scared during Aladdin (at the end, when Jafar turns into a big snake), but she liked the movie. I had forgotten how Robin Williams gave such a rapid-fire delivery of the genie's lines; you had to listen really closely to get all his references, and I know I missed a lot of them. It's hard to pay close attention when you have a destructive, squealing one-year-old roaming about the room. I would've watched it again, but we had to get it back to the library before they started charging me the dollar-a-day late fees.

Winnie the Pooh was sooooo sweet. Caroline got a little bored toward the end, but I loved it. I guess it reminded me of a simpler time. We have been saying, "Tut tut, looks like rain," (we had a lot of rain this weekend) and singing the Pooh song. Willy nilly silly old bear.

I think this week we'll watch some of the movies we have at home that I haven't seen beginning to end, probably Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. Oh and, I just found out Monday that the Pirates of the Carribbean series is Disney too, so I have to watch them as well -- (no I haven't seen them, I'm not really a movie watcher so much) -- I don't know if I'm going to get all the movies watched by May that I need to see!

2 comments:

Faith said...

Beauty and the Beast is still my favorite!

Theresa said...

Me too!

Not only does this Blog focus on me... It's run by me!

Not only does this Blog focus on me...  It's run by me!