Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Boots 'n Bubbles

Caroline loves shoes. Every morning it's a hide-and-go-seek hunt for my shoes because Caroline likes to go in my closet, try on several pairs, and clomp around the house with a satisfied grin on her face. That's often accompanied by "I did it!" We hear that a lot these days, and I try to encourage it, something about building your child's self-confidence blah blah blah psychobabble.

Anyway, she recently discovered her true Texas roots.



Although, it can be a bit hard to walk in boots that are 10 sizes too big for you.


Now for the bubbles part of this post ... we love blowing bubbles. Caroline used to like to watch me blow them, but now she has to be the one blowing. She can't quite get the idea of holding the wand out a bit from her lips, though; she always sticks it right on her mouth and then the film of soap breaks, of course, eventually frustrating her enough that she hands it to me ... I demonstrate proper bubble-blowing technique ... she takes it away and promptly sticks the wand on her lips again ... she gets frustrated and hands it to me ... repeat ad nauseum.

2 comments:

D said...

she'll master those boots, yet!

cathyb said...

Caroline is soooo cute. This blog is such a good thing! Thanks for sharing!

Not only does this Blog focus on me... It's run by me!

Not only does this Blog focus on me...  It's run by me!