Thursday, January 21, 2010

Look what I've learned!

Caroline is really learning a lot at Primer School (well, it seems to me she is anyway). I tried and tried to help her learn her alphabet with these soft letters and she never took to it much (well, except for C and X -- X is a fun letter to say). But now she can identify all the letters and put them in order -- something I never could teach her to do -- I guess homeschooling is NOT in our future.
She can also spell her name, and she likes to write it everywhere now. I think it's funny how she (and, for that matter I guess, kids generally -- I've seen lots of little ones do this) is not fazed if she runs out of room on the page; she just writes the letters wherever she finds space for them. There's an "i" over here, and an "ne" over there, but no matter, she's still pleased as punch. But she did have enough room to spell her name here. (Like the glitter in her hair? That was a stocking stuffer, thanks Santa.)



I had never realized before how fun it is to watch your kid learn new things!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

She is so smart, just like her mom!

Not only does this Blog focus on me... It's run by me!

Not only does this Blog focus on me...  It's run by me!